Bethany and I cleaned out the hive area, getting rid of garbage, piles of dirt, a safety cone, tin cans, and a few abandoned frames. We found a tiny broom behind one of the planter boxes and basically wore those old bristles down to the handle. We pulled all the old vines off the trellis and chicken wire and pulled together a list of what else needed to be done.
We needed to find a gardener for the two surrounding raised garden beds, replace alf the trellis that had blown off, collect the scattered cork for our water source, and repair the rotting wood on the flower beds.
Next, we needed to collect 2 x4s and cinder blocks to build the hive stand, get paint for the hives, and actually get the hive supplies.
Latest posts by Tammy Perlmutter (see all)
- Meet Tammy Perlmutter of Uptown Apiary - January 16, 2018
- The Burrs and the Bees - June 7, 2017
- First Looks at the Hives! - May 7, 2017